Senior Pastor: Dr. Byron Morgan – Dr. J. Byron Morgan has served as the Senior Pastor at Mountain View Church since May of 2000. He came to us from Community Church of Portage Lakes, Akron, Ohio, where he served as Senior Pastor for over ten years. While in Akron, he also taught at the Moody Bible Institute’s Extension. Previously, he served as the senior pastor at Riverside Evangelical Free Church in Riverside, CA for ten years. He received his BA degree from William Carey College in Hattiesburg, MS; his M. Div. degree from Talbot Theological Seminary, La Mirada, CA, where he majored in the Greek New Testament; and his Doctor of Ministry Degree from Biola University, La Mirada, CA, where his major emphasis was in Marriage and Family Ministries and Counseling.To read The Pastor’s Blog, click here.
Pastor of Assimilation/Outreach & Family Ministry (Overseeing Children and Youth Ministries) – This is Michael’s second tour of duty at Mountain View. Twelve years ago he served as our Director of Youth Ministries. Michael has over 20 years of experience in local church ministry. He has most recently held an Executive Pastor role at a church in West Georgia with an average attendance of over 2500. His understanding of church ministry and persistence in outreach and planning has been an asset to the churches he has served with. We are delighted to have him back with us. Michael is also Founder and Lead Storyteller of Dributts, a non-profit company created after he invented a diaper for third world countries. This diaper has helped stop the spread of disease and saved lives around the world.
Administrative Assistant : Cristy Eddie
– Cristy has extensive experience in the legal field, having worked as a Paralegal and Legal Assistant for over 20 years. More recently, she has run her own skin care business as a licensed Esthetician. She has served in children’s ministry, as an administrator and leader for women’s ministry, single mom’s ministry and women’s bible studies. She and her husband Keith have also led Crown Ministry classes and home bible studies. Cristy and Keith (who recently retired from the San Marino Fire Department where he served as a Captain, Fire Fighter and Paramedic for 23 years) relocated to Georgia from California in July, 2006. They have four children, two grandchildren, and two very spoiled dogs. When she has time, she enjoys reading, gardening, cooking, working out, hiking and bike riding.
Financial Secretary: Lisa Ditthardt
– Lisa is a graduate of Florida Atlantic University with a Bachelors of Business Administration majoring in marketing and minoring in art. Lisa brings a great amount of work experience to the position of Financial Secretary having served with firms such as J. Vincent Hughes and Assoc., CPA, CMI, Inc and Quadomain, Inc. in Florida.
Children’s Ministry Director: Lauren Unkefer
– Lauren recently graduated from Kennesaw State University with a degree in Early Childhood Education. She is currently serving as the Children’s Ministry Director and is also the Cubbies director for our AWANA program.
Director of Media Production: Michael Lawrence
– Michael graduated from Toccoa Falls College with a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies and a minor in Biblical Languages. He serves in a variety of ministry functions with emphasis on our media outreach.
Assistant to Youth/Media: Mitchell Degioanni
– Mitchell graduated from Southern Polytechnic State University with a degree in Business Administration and a minor in Industrial Engineering. He currently serves as Mountain View’s interim youth leader.